ProductsHome / Products / Chain Link Fence Application / Chain Link Mesh for Slope Vegetation
Chain Link Wire Mesh as Suspended Net for Slope Vegetation
CLWSV-01: Chain link wire mesh is suspended upon the surface of the mountain, seeds have germinated and grass thrived.
In order to prevent rocks from falling, chain link rockfall barrier can guarantee the stability of mountains effectively, and is regarded as one of the most cost-effective measures. However, this traditional methods couldn't fit the surrounding landscaping. And it will still cause soil erosion, and finally lead to slope collapse after years. Planting or vegetation cover maybe the most effective solution to the slope from corrosion. And to improve the visual appearance of the slope, chain link mesh slope vegetation is a omnipotent solution for city area, traffic road.
It is evident that traditional turfing, by no means, fits steep slopes. Hydroseeding came into being. For fertile soil slope and gentle inclined slope, seed and mousse could be directly sprayed upon the slope surface. For rock, barren soil or steep slopes, external soil, substrates, coir fiber netting or blanket should be utilized as basic material for planting to grow, chain link wire mesh netting should be utilized to stabilize soil and improve the attachment ability of external soil, substrate and planting to the slope and the structural stability of the substrate. As for what kind of slopes should take this treatment, the page will give you solution in the Application part.
CLWSV-02: External soil should be sprayed upon after chain link wire mesh is hung onto the mountain for barren soil or rock slopes.
Detailed illustration of chain link wire mesh are given. Galvanized chain link wire mesh is usually the choice for slope vegetation, and the galvanization rate is no less than 110 g/m2. Our chain link wire mesh of wire diameter being 2 mm, mesh opening being 50 × 50 mm; wire diameter being 2.2 mm, mesh opening being 60 × 60 mm is the most specification. Thicker wire and larger mesh opening are available under request. At last, our company will guarantee that the wire mesh strength of wire mesh extension will no less than 380 N/mm2.
Specification of slope vegetation used chain link wire mesh:
- Material: galvanized wire mostly, PVC coated also available.
- Wire diameter: 1 mm at least, 2 mm and 2.2 mm are the most popular choice, 3-4 mm are also available.
- Mesh opening size (mm): 2 × 2 cm, 2.5 × 2.5 cm, 4 × 4 cm, 5 × 5 cm, 6 × 6 cm, 7 × 7 cm, 8 × 8 cm, 10 × 10 cm, 12 × 12 cm.
- Packaging method: packaged in rolls.
CLWSV-03: Anchor rods should be used to strengthen the combination of chain link wire mesh, coir fiber blanket and slope.
CLWSV-04: Galvanized chain link wire mesh to be used for slope vegetation.
- Chain link wire mesh could be used in slightly erode soil slope, in coarse particle and soil combined slope, in rock slope.
- It could be used in uneven slope surface, concrete applied surface.
- It could be used in slope with an expectation for greening cover rate being more than 60%.
- It could be used in slopes of gradient being more than 30°, less than 70°.
- It could be used in slopes that take following the greening methods: hydroseeding, 50% external soil attached before hydroseeding, thick layer substrate with seeds spraying, lattice girder combined with seed-nutrient and soil bags, artificial concrete made stone attached upon the mountains.
- It could be used in the construction of retaining wall.
- It could be used in embankment construction project, mine workings.
CLWSV-05: Before construction: a bare slope besides highway road.
CLWSV-06: Under construction: External soil are sprayed upon the slope after chain link wire mesh is suspended onto the slope.
CLWSV-07: Liquid mix of seeds and fertilizer should be sprayed upon the external soil by spray gun.
CLWSV-08: After construction, a large scale of planting have thrived on the slope.
- Adaptable on rough surface.
- Light in weight.
- Demonstrates superior performance.
- Maintain slope stability.
- Provides strength necessary to hold the substrate, soil, coir fiber.
- Provides the plantings climbing points.
- A brief procedure of chain link wire mesh used for slope vegetation is listed following.
- Clearance of the site: clear the loose rocks, non-degradable mass up; trim the slope corner; fill the sunken up.
- Hang chain link wire mesh up:
- Place chain link wire mesh from the top of the slope to the foot. Extend 0.8–1 m long netting for slope top part, 30 cm for the slope foot part, 20 cm for the both sides of the mountains.
- Use a thread of steel wire to joint two pieces of chain link wire mesh in the same horizontal plane, the overlapping between two pieces of chain link wire mesh in the same horizontal plane should be 20 cm.
- Use another steel wire to combine two pieces of chain link wire mesh in the lower horizontal plane, and to make sure the seams of the upper level and the lower level should not be in the same vertical line. The overlapping between four pieces of chain link wire mesh in the two horizontal planes (two jointed wire mesh in upper level and two jointed in lower level) should be more than 30 cm.
- Make sure the netting is hung upon the slope surface tightly without draped or impending areas.
- External soil or the first layer of substrate is attached upon the wire mesh surface. (This could be ignored if the project site is a gentle inclined soil slope.)
- Begin to spray seeds (hydroseeding) or the second layer of substrate that contains seeds.
- Cover the project slope with non-woven fabrics to insure the demanded moisture, temperature and limit sunlight shade in.
- Maintenance and management: water, fertilize, defaunate, etc.
If you have any questions regarding the products and services of our company, please complete and submit the form below and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.