ProductsHome / Products / Chain Link Fence Application / Chain Link Security Fence
Chain Link Security Fencing System Design and Construction
Security grade chain link fencing system (also called chain link security fence) is designed to provide greater levels of security and increase the difficulty to penetrate and in turn increase delay time.
Compared with common chain link fabric, chain link security fencing has following advantages:
- Increase the height of the fence, the configuration of chain link mesh size and wire gauge.
- Securing the bottom of the fence by means of bottom rail.
- Burying the chain link mesh.
- Adding barbed wire to the top or barbed tape to the top, side or bottom of the fence.
- Selecting stronger framework.
- Adding multiple fence lines to create isolation zones.
- Adding slats to the fencing to restrict visibility when required.
- Adding anti-ram cable systems to resist vehicle penetration into a protected perimeter.
CLSF-1: Framed chain link fence for garden fencing.
Chain link fabric type of coating:
- Zinc-coated steel, select class 1 (zinc coating weight no less than 366 g/m2) or class 2 coating (zinc coating weight no less than 610 g/m2).
- Aluminum coated steel, minimum weight of aluminum coating 122 g/m2.
- Zinc-5% aluminum-mischmetal alloy-coated steel, class 2 ( weight of Zn-5Al-MM alloy coating no less than 305 g/m2 of uncoated wire surface).
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and other organic polymer-coated steel, class 2b (coating thickness 0.25 mm). Colors may be dark green, olive green, brown, black.
Due to the increased security levels with greater heights and utilize smaller mesh sizes chain link fabric, the line posts and terminal posts need added wind load resistance. Line posts and terminal posts dimensions in accordance with table 2.
|Security Chain Link Fabric Considerations||Wire Gauge||Mesh Opening Size|
|Standard Industrial commercial chain link mesh||9 gauge (0.148 in.) (3.76 mm)||2 in. (50 mm)|
|Bolt cutters required for heavier 6 gauge wire||6 gauge (0.192 in.) (4.88 mm)||2 in. (50 mm)|
|Smaller mesh size increases difficulty to climb and time to cut thru||9 gauge (0.148 in.) (3.76 mm)||1 3/4 in. (44.45 mm)|
|Bolt cutters required for heavier 6 gauge wire||6 gauge (0.192 in.) (4.88 mm)||1 3/4 in. (44.45 mm)|
|1 in. mesh increases difficulty to climb and increases time to cut thru||11 gauge (0.120 in.) (3.05 mm)||1 in. (25 mm)|
|9 gauge wire increases cutting time to that of 11 gauge, above||9 gauge (0.148 in.) (3.76 mm)||1 in. (25 mm)|
|Small mesh sizes eliminates finger hold for climbing||11 gauge (0.120 in.) (3.05 mm)||5/8 in. (16 mm)|
|Small mesh requires special equipment to cut through||11 gauge (0.120 in.) (3.05 mm)||1/2 in. (13 mm)|
|Small mesh with larger wire, maximum security||9 gauge (0.148 in.) (3.76 mm)||1/2 in. (13 mm)|
|Penetration time is increased to cut through small mesh||11 gauge (0.120 in.) (3.05 mm)||3/8 in. (10 mm)|
|Line Post Description, outside diameter||Terminal Post Description, outside diameter|
|2.375 in. (60.3 mm) diameter pipe||2.875 in. (73.0 mm) diameter pipe|
|2.25 by 1.70 in. (57.2 by 43.2 mm) C-Section||2.875 in. (73.0 mm) diameter pipe|
|2.875 in. (73.0 mm) diameter pipe||4.000 in. (101.6 mm) diameter pipe|
|3.25 by 2.50 in. (82.6 by 64.0 mm) C-Section||4.000 in. (101.6 mm) diameter pipe|
|4.000 in. (101.5 mm) diameter pipe||6.625 in. (168.3 mm) diameter pipe|
|4.500 in (114.3 mm) diameter pipe||6.625 in. (168.3 mm) diameter pipe|
|6.625 in. (168.3 mm) diameter pipe||6.625 in. (168.3 mm) diameter pipe|
|8.625 in. (219.1 mm) diameter pipe||8.625 in. (219.1 mm) diameter pipe|
Fittings: post caps, post ties, rail ties, hog ring, barb wire arms, top rail sleeves, rail and brace, rail ends, boulevard bands, tension bands, brace bands, carriage bolts and nuts, tension bars, truss rods. Select the fittings coating type to be the same as the fence framework and the color to match the fence system.
- Tension and brace bands: 1/8 inch by 1 in. (3.17 mm by 25.4 mm).
- Galvanized steel carriage bolts and nuts 3/8 in. (9.5 mm).
- Tension bars length is 2 in. (50 mm) less than the fabric height.
- Truss rods shall be 3/8 in. (9.5 mm) diameter galvanized steel.
- Post Ties, Rail Ties and Hog Rings: 9 gauge, 0.148 in (376 mm) diameter.
- Tension Wire: 7 gauge steel, 0.177 in. (4.50 mm) diameter.
Metallic coated steel barbed wire
- Design number
- 12-4-3-14R having 4-point barbs spaced 3 in. (76 mm) on center;
- 12-4-5-14R having 4-point barbs spaced 5 in. (127 mm) on center.
- Metallic coated
- Aluminum metallic-coated: specify coating A for the strand wire and aluminum alloy barbs.
- Zinc metallic-coated: specify coating type Z, coating class 3.
- Zinc-5% aluminum-mischmetal alloy coated: specify coating type ZA, coating class 80.
- Polymer-coated barbed wire, coating type class 2b
- Barb spacing
- Type I spacing at 5 in. (127 mm) on center;
- Type II spacing at 3 in. (76 mm) on center.
- The color may be dark green, olive green, brown, black.
- Barb spacing
- With barbed wire arms for three to six strands of barbed wire.
Barbed tape obstacles: barbed tape when specified, select the diameter, design and configuration as the following:
- Barbed tape obstacles styles:
- 18, 24 in. Single coil helical;
- 18, 24, 30, 40, 60 in. single coil concertina;
- 24, 30 in. double coil concertina.
- Barbed tape material: 430 SS 0.025 in. thick.
- Cor-wire material: 0.098 SS 300 Series 140 KSI (965 MPa), or 0.098 galvanized steel class III.
Chain link security fence gates: swing gates, and/or vehicle crash gate.
- Swing gates shall be constructed using 1.90 in. (48.3 mm) outside diameter or 2 in. (50.8 mm) square members.
- Fence gate fittings: gate hinges, gate latches, drop bar available.
About the installation details of chain link security fencing system, we have a detailed documentation. if you need it, please feel free to contact us—filled the below message form or email to email@example.com.
CLSF-2: Chain link security fence with rectangular posts.
CLSF-3: Colors of Polyvinyl chloride chain link fabric.
If you have any questions regarding the products and services of our company, please complete and submit the form below and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.